Friday, May 2, 2008

You always, always, always, have something to be Thankful for.


That is what I keep repeating in my head. We have had a crazy few days. After spending all last week with migraines and headaches I headed up to Manteca to see my doctor (I know I still haven't found a doctor in Fresno yet). Anyways, my parents kept Landen and then Ren had school on Tuesday so I was going to get some rest and some things done..... Ren woke up throwing-up everywhere and then I went into her room to get some books and my socks felt a little wet (thought maybe she had an accident).... then I heard water dripping. I went into the garage and there was lots of water (our water heater was leaking). Then of course the plumber said we need a new one and ours is the more expensive kind (of course!) Oh, and insurance doesn't cover wear and tear of the water heater so we had to pay for all that, but fortunately they covered the carpet drying, painting, baseboard, etc. To add one more thing to the mix, the plumber tells me after he done with EVERYTHING that they only take cash or check... it was $1700 (HELLO)! Fun times. Our house is in shambles, but hey there is always, always, always, something to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Martin Family said...

Hey Heather. Good to hear from you. I am glad that you found my blog. Your family is so cute. It is good to hear that you are doing well.

Hilary

Misty said...

What a way to be positive through all that drama! =) Wish I were there to help you since you are always helping others. If you need anything from me from this part of the woods you let me know!

RachelDenbow said...

Nice to 'meet' another scrapper in Fresno! I hope you had some relief from the housing issues today. Two days after my son was born, our living room and kitchen floors were sopping wet from a plumbing leak in our building and we had to rip up all the carpet and go to a hotel and then maneuver around the handymen for a week and a half! It was such a chaotic time already with a new baby but I guess if we can live through those little bumps it means we're adaptable. And you're right about having a thankful heart in those circumstances!

I won't be able to join in on the scrapbook a month page as life is too busy already and I'm trying to keep the summer free to help with our transition to Missouri. I hope it goes well, though.

Take care,
Rachel

Veronica said...

That really stinks!! GEEZ.