Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


I have tons to post but having issues with getting the pictures off my cf card onto the MAC... I usually use the PC and it has gone to the crapper, so hopefully I will figure it out soon :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2009 will be full of changes for our family. The biggest change will be the smallest... our baby boy will be arriving March 10th unless he decides to come before that, which as long as he is healthy, mommy does not object :) We will be starting off the new year with our last trip to Disneyland before our Season passes expire. We are very excited and will definitely be buying season passes again once the little guy is older.

So much happened in 2008... we have been blessed in countless ways and we are all very thankful to our Heavenly Father for all our blessings. I am proud of my accomplishments! Usually when I set goals I only achieve 1 or 2, but this year I tried to set goals that were attainable, but still allowed for some reaching.
Goals I accomplished:
1. Went on a family vacation with Doug and bonus points for Doug and I going on a cruise by ourselves
2. Read the scriptures daily - now I can't say 365 days, but I would say 90%. We read the scriptures each night as a family.
3. Start Heartfelt Blessings Club
4. Don't gain weight - this goal is just a void since I became pregnant mid year gaining weight was inevitable.
5. Read 4 books, Twilight again, Breaking Dawn, Eclipse again, and New Moon again, and I am halfway through Tori Spellings book.
6. Clear Teaching Credential

Goals that are still works in progress:
1. Golfing - I didn't get to go to an actual course, but we've got plenty of practice on the Wii and Landen and I would play at Papa and Rassie's house
2. FHE - we did not hold it every Monday, but I would say we did it at least once a month
3. Scrapbook twice a month - I did scrapbook once a month
4. Simplify - an ongoing goal
5. Be a better friend - I can always be better :)
6. Start Masters program - I have been researching, but haven't officially started anything.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Happy New Year to you guys! I hope you have a great New Years Eve! =)

About the CF card....do you have a spot on your printer that takes CF cards? That is how I download my pictures...through my printer. Just an idea.

Also, you can buy a card reader that hooks into your USB port. You can get them for about $20. Might be your only option if your printer doesn't take them.

Too bad we aren't closer because I could let you borrow the one that I have that I never use, hopefully it is MAC compatible. Not too sure about that.

That is so awesome that you finished so many goals. I only accomplished 2 of my 8 goals in 2008. But in 2009 I have kept most of the same goals and added one more.

I really need to be better about scrapbooking. Wish you were closer so that we could hook up and do it together. Photography just seems to take the front burner instead of scrapbooking these days. I'd like to change that! It is all about organization! That is really what I need to do...like you said SIMPLIFY! I think I might need to redo my goals and add that one in! =)