Tuesday, December 16, 2008

White Elephant Gifts



So we were invited to a party where we were to bring white elephant gifts. I always have a difficult time with these because sometimes people bring really nice things, but I found two ideas that I LOVE and will use again in the future. They were both a hit and one of them will continue being a white elephant re-gift for that same party years to come. I took a picture of Doug and blew it up to an 8x10 then he signed it "The Man, Doug Brandow" and we framed it. This was the hit of the party! The second one was we bought a tin filled with candy, we took a picture of the kids eating a piece of the candy and then they took a bite of each candy in the box and we put the picture on top. We did put a $5 gift card to Target in the bottom of the box :)

5 comments:

Misty said...

That's too funny! Way cute!

Misty said...

It's about time you posted something! It's been a month! You need to post more often...=)

Veronica Milan said...

OMG! You crack me up. I was laughing so hard!

HAHA Tell Doug that pic is priceless! heheh it looks like a typical Myspace picture. heheh I loved it!!

Veronica Milan said...

Oh, can you explain how that white elephant game works!?

Lisa said...

hi heather!! thanks for your comment on my blog the other day :) were you serious about the scarf? because i can totally make you one...probably aftr christmas though lol! i'm not usually drawn to purple fabrics so this will give me a chance to get some! (you did mean fabric and not knitted right? lol) let me know! you can always email me too loirinha_5@yahoo.com

hope you're having wonderful holidays! :))