Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stash Diet


O.k. so I am going on a diet and it is the Stash Diet. What is this? It means that I have to use my scrapbooking stash until a set number of layouts are completed before I can buy any new scrapbooking stuff. Way cool! My DT friend Veronica gave me the idea off her blog. I am joining Veronica along with Jen (also on the DT) to get pages done while using stuff I already have. Since I am going to Scrapbook Expo in March that doesn't give me very long. I have to complete 30 layouts before I can buy anything new (except adhesive, which I think I will be needing some). We have our first Design Team Crop next Saturday so hopefully I will be able to get lots done. I don't think I could go to Expo and not buy anything scrapbooking :) Thanks Veronica! (pic by Julie K in Taiwan)

5 comments:

Veronica said...

YAY!! I heard they are giving us our kits on Sat. That means we can finish the lo/cards there at the store and recive out store credit.:D I'm using it to buy something then. heheh (My goal is to quit spending my allowance....hehe)

Heather said...

Awesome! Hopefully I will be inspired while I'm at the crop so I can finish the DT layout. I can't wait!

Lisa said...

hey heather! thanks so much for the sweet comment and for stopping by my blog!

an ATC is "artist trading card" basically it's decorating a regular old playing card and swapping them. lol! i dont know if you know about scrapinstyletv.com (i'm obsessed with that site) and they have these random "ATC swaps" so the person hosting it will give you a subject, like valentines day, and you sign up, make the alotted number of cards (the same or different) and send them to the host, and she sorts them all out and sends one of everyones back to you.

the ones i put in the book are just for me, they are daily cards. i just decorate a card a day, sorta as my journal to keep track of the daily things. i post those in a separate blog that i have linked on the sidebar called "the dailies" if you ever wanna check them out!

sorry about writing a novel! lol! and if you ever have more questions, totally feel free to ask!! nice to have met another local blogger :)

Lisa said...

i've lived in fresno a little over 2 years now. i'm from san jose...moved here to be with the boy :) it's tough to transition to a new place. moving out of state is SO not an option haha i don't know how i'd deal with north and south without having san francisco and los angeles to guide me!

yeah my hair must hold water well too. if i just let it air dry, it will take AT LEAST 4 hours to totally dry. ugh, i'm so fed up with it, but lee wanted to see it long and keep it that way until we get married. so i GUESS it's staying long lol!

Misty said...

Great idea! I need to scrap SO bad and I definitely don't need to buy ANYTHING!! =)