Friday, February 9, 2007

Unfolding Hearts



I have been inspired today. I am always trying to figure out what I can do to give to our community or help those who are in need. Sometimes it is hard to actually physically get out there and get involved with two little ones, but today I hope I found a way to reach out. There is a non-profit organization that is called Unfolding Hearts that is based in Fresno. They go into Children's Hospital in Madera and teach children how to scrapbook and put autobiographies using pictures together. I have been a supporter of this organization from the moment I knew about them. Anyways, my friend, who is a Creative Memories consultant, has been wanting me to have a crop/party for over a year, but I keep pushing it off because (1) I have more than enough scrapbook stuff and (2) I HATE inviting friends over to buy things so I can get free stuff. So I came up with an idea that I hope works. I want to have a crop/party and invite lots of friends and whatever I earn in free stuff will be donated to Unfolding Hearts and then if others want to dontate they can too. What do you think? I emailed the President of Unfolding Hearts and will be talking with my friend with Creative Memories tonight. I will keep you updated on the progress of this inspired idea!

2 comments:

Misty said...

You are an amazing woman! You are always thinking of others. I'm proud to call you my friend!!

Judy said...

Unfolding hearts is a great idea for your party.
You are so remarkable; always putting others before yourself. Let me know about the party and please take some time for you! I am very proud of you. I am truly blessed to have you in my life!!!